Google Translation: The five-aisled hall church of St. John in the 14th Century belongs to the North German brick gothic. It was named after St. John the Baptist, Jesus. This is in the middle window of the high choir mapped which was donated in 1906 by the German Emperor. The nave has a length of 52.50 meters with a tower, it is even 65 meters long. This is high crown with 108.71. The church is 44 meters wide. The nave has ascending a height of 18-22 meters to the tower. The aisles are 15-16 meters high. The Leaning helmet differs in the head by 1.30 meters and 2.20 meters to the south to the west of Lot. 1289-1308, the first section of the present church was built. It produced three roughly equal naves in "new" hall design. 1333 it announced the expansion of the south of the choir vestry. Here, a chapter house for the priest was (now Elizabeth Chapel). 1365-1372 then saw the construction of the south aisle, once as an independent chapel, later as, both with separate annexes northern roofs. After a fire in 1406, rebuilt the tower and replaced the current appearance. The tower is mentioned in 1319 for the first time. In the years 1457-1463 it is the construction of the final page of the two choirs and galleries. South called for the City Council, therefore Council Lecturer and north of the Junker guild. The winning of a Gothic Rose Cross with hexagram in east gable dates from the 15th Century. North and south gable of the first phase. 1801 Bekronung poured down the original and was replaced by a new one. In 1833, the west gable of the clock gets its present form. To protect against the West storms the tower received a marked tendency towards the west, in the top of it is about 220 cm from the Lot. 1856 and 1909 to finance renovations "expendable beauties" sold. Its present painting, the church received in the years 1960-1964. Because wood worm damage the entire helmet was newly built 1970-1975. He received a steel-wood construction and a new crown (ball diameter 120 cm). 1985-1993 and then underwent extensive renovation of the tower shaft. At the same time community halls were built. The Renaissance-/Barockorgel was built 1551-53 by Hendrik Niehoff in Hertogenbosch. 1652 it is then overtaken by Friedrich Stellwagen from Lübeck and enlarged. Another reconstruction including widening by Matthias Dropa held 1712-15. 1852 re-conversion by Eduard Meyer. The organ gets 1922 pneumatic action by Oskar Walcker and restored again in 1953 by Rudolf von Beckerath. The main altar in the choir was originally from 1430 to 1485 perhaps in separate parts. The 14 procession images of the Passion of the Christ (1430) are certainly of Lüneburg Claves Klovesten, the 16 female characters of the bottom row (from 1469) by his son Volkmar Klovesten, the prophets in the predella and the ten apostles figures in the top row (from 1485 ) are probably from the workshop of Severin Tile. The prominent center of the altar is the Crucifixion, the left and right are scenes from the Passion and Easter story represented. Framed this cycle is up by a 10-apostles-series, down from 16 sacred female figures.